Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 26, 2002, 2:22 PM   #1
Default want to buy a 100RS

Is there any more for sale anywhere? If I can't get this then I'm probably going to go for a 2100UZ or a 3040Z.
lckrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2002, 9:37 PM   #2

Check www.pricescan.com or www.dealtime.com. You can find vendors for both cameras at these web sites.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2002, 5:34 AM   #3

Hi lckrie,
Congratulations, you are not out of luck yet.

The E-100RS (Refurbished) is regularly available directly from Olympus itself and is goes for $449,
They might be out of stock as of now, but you can revisit their site and in some days you might get it.
And let me tell you it is in high demand and is available only for a day or two before Olympus runs out of stock again.

ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2002, 5:28 PM   #4
Default Are you sure E-100RS?

After using both my E-100RS and another photographer's C-2100UZ, I am not sure the E-100RS is the way to go. It is absolutely terrible in the dark or semi dark. While the 15 fps would be nice in full light, it cannot be used with flash. And neither the LCD screen or the viewfinder will refresh fast enough for fast action shots at high school football games. It's kind of a hit and miss proposition. The 10X zoom and IS are great! But I intend to sell my E-100RS and purchase an UZI. I'll gladly lose the 15 fps in favor of a little more resolution. Just my 2 cents worth.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote