Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 8, 2004, 7:27 PM   #1

Thinking about getting a 5060 and was wanting some feedback from people who have them. I am a realtor and will need to photograph interior shots of homes and create virtual tours, will this camera work for me, I dont want to really spend that much $$ but want a wide angle camera. Thanks.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2004, 6:58 AM   #2

I noticed that no one has bothered to answer you. I've owned a 5060 for over a year now and find it totally great for almost any photo work, particularly interiors. If you want virtual tours, you may want to consider an accurate panning head tripod adn the use of the xD card made for the camera by Olympus. The xD permits photostitching with their software although there are other photo stitch programs out there that may work. If you haven;t already, I say go for it....Great camera for the money and still getting excellent reviews. You may want to consider an external flash, preferably not the Olympus (too much $$$ for little benefit). Check into ProMaster. They make dedicated modules for camera brandsto activate Through the Lense metering and great digital flash units. See them at promaster.com. Dealers are limited but the product is excellent.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 3:34 PM   #3

Actually we went through this already in a different forum Valkyrie. Even the moderator recommended the 5060 because of the wide angle for interior shots (you are a realtor) and the facility of an external additional flash. I concur. My 5060 was a brilliant camera and you need the wide angle as already discussed. You won't do better - buy it.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote