Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 9, 2004, 10:44 AM   #1

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I am not real up to speed on camera settings, so I usually leave it set for auto everything. I tried changing the ISO to 100, 200 and 400 with no luck. When the camera was new a couple years back, it seemed to take better indoor pictures. I tried holding it against a door frame to steady the shot and still get slightly blurry photos most of the time. On occasion I get real blurry shots, but I figure I just didn't hold the camera as steady asI should have.

I posted some on this website if you would check them out:

The only touch up I did was resize and rotate so I could post them on the site. The photo with the Christmas tree is about how my average indoor photos turn out. I can't find anything in the photo that the camera tried to focus on. Notice how there are no sharp edges on anything in the photo.

Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:24 PM   #2

I basicaly have the same problem with my C730, in fact I just posted a similiar concern with my camera. If your camera is like mine, it automately defaults to 1/30th of a sec in the Auto and P modes in less than idea ambient light conditions. Conversly, my film SLR defaults to 1/60th sec. The way I beat this problem most of the time is going to the A/S/M Mode (I am assuming your camera has this or some similiar mode) I select S (shutter priority) and set the shutter speed at 1/60 sec, you might get away with 1/40 sec. The problem with this is, if you are in less than average ambient light conditions, your photo is going to come out underexposed, but that can be adjusted in your camedia software. Another way to help your problem is to shoot at a ISO of 200.

If you want to call and talk my number is 607-648-8435

Dave Pepin
dpepin is offline   Reply With Quote