Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 11, 2004, 7:53 PM   #1

I have an oly UZ 2100 that that the auto focus does not want to stay in focus any more. The camera took excellent pics and i hate to toss it , but is it worth fixing?

I now have a digi rebel and would just like to keep it as a back up unit but don't have a clue as to what it might cost to fix. Anyone out there have any idea?

genohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:02 PM   #2

Make sure you are not in Macro Mode (if you see the little flower on top of your cam you are in Macro Mode).

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:21 PM   #3

I don't have an idea as to the problem but I can say that I just hope the new digicam I hope to buy the first quarter of 2005 is as good as my old Olympus C2100UZ has been.

Because I've been so pleased with the Olympus I'm having trouble deciding on whether to buy a new Olympus or a Canon.

CoastalCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2004, 11:01 PM   #4

Try and wait for the PMA in February.

The replacement for the C770UZ may be released then, and hopefully it has IS (which the C770UZ currently lacks) while keeping the same compact size of the C770UZ.

I own a C770UZ and have no regrets even without the IS, but wouldn't mind the inclusion of IS to the excellent camera.
Thon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:24 AM   #5

The 8800 (Nikon UZI) is the subject of a lengthy discussion in the Nikon forum between CPT RB and The Scrubber. It's pure entertainment, but also brings out some concerns with purchasing a product you'd assume was an (expensive) improvement over the UZI. A un-educated guess would be you could find New–Old Stock or a lightly used UZI for lees than the price of the repair.

The PMA sounds interesting!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:49 AM   #6

Do any of the new oly models have IS?
bwalker is offline   Reply With Quote