Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:03 AM   #1

I bought a C-5060 widezoom in August this year. The camera gave me no reason for complaint until Nov when it started behaving in what I can only qualify as "bizarre". Mind you it still takes photographs and lens motor works fine.

After I put it on, the selection dial does not function as it should. For example if it is in P mode I cannot switch to any other mode unless I fiddle and press the dial downwardsin various directions - then suddenly it spontaneously goes into picture view mode or even starts clicking pictures on its own. The menu switch works but I cannot go into the various sub-menus if I need to change the resolution for instance.

I am at my wit's end. Tried contacting the support sites but to no avail. Can anybody suggest something?! I am beginning to feel I should have kept it simple when I went for a digital camera.
bizeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:08 AM   #2

True ...this is a known problem of the camera. Many many reports. It's a problem with a working part of the camera...

check these links..

Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:54 AM   #3

I had kind of the same problem when I purchased the same camera. Only difference was mine malfunctioned the minute I turn the thing on. I ended up taking it to a local photo shop, and they were unable to solve the problem. I finally was forced to send it back to Etronics, and they refunded me the full amount. You've had your camera for almost 4-5 months, so I doubt you can return it. I would contact Olympus directly, and try to get them to either repair the camera, or replace it entirely.
DaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote