Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 7, 2002, 1:48 PM   #1
Default Help! C730 set up

I have been really having a bad with time with numerous menu options on the new 730. I have printed out the pertinent chapters from PDF manual to help me along.
After bumbling along with different problems that arise, I have slowly solved most of the "self inflicted" things that I have created!
I wish they had a book for C730 dummies!
One question I have is, why do the AF brackets [ ] , keep moving around in the EVF? (in Auto Mode) Sometimes it does this and sometimes not!??
My photo quality is much better on my old 460 & 510 than my new 730! This doesn't speak to well for for my "limited" photographic ability! I don't think there is anything wrong with the camera, It's all "operator error"!
Any help or encouragement would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob R.
Bob W R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:01 PM   #2

The C-7x0 cameras are very sophisticated and takes some time to get used to...I've owned my C-700 three months now, and I'm still getting used to it.

Unfortunately, I don't have the variable [ ] feature in mine but my guess is that's what the camera is auto-focusing on at that time (I had that feature on a Canon camcorder years ago).

If you haven't already, suggest you read through the full reference PDF manual that's on the CD, or maybe even print it out so you can make notes (did that the second week I owned mine, and it helped a lot).

I suggest heading to the Oly_C-700 group where other C-730/700/720 users hang out (there's nine C-730 users there):
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 6:31 PM   #3

Thanks Mike, I have printed chapters from the PDF manual. It helps a lot. I just got back from a shopping trip and took a lot of pictures along the way. They came out pretty good for a rainy day!
I think I'll just stay in "auto mode" for a while until I get more familiar with it! Bob R.
Bob W R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2002, 11:03 AM   #4

There have been a couple reports at the dpreview forums that running the pixel mapping routine helps with image quality. (Must follow the instructions and do it at the proper temperature.)
Sanpete is offline   Reply With Quote