Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:06 PM   #1

my c 750 keeps resetting to its default setting every time I change batteries even though the manual says thecamera should retain my personal settings for 1 hour without batteries. I take minutes to change to fresh cells. What am I doing wrong.
jblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:25 PM   #2

I don't own your model. But, it could have something to do with the All Reset Menu choice under your Setup menus. If turned On, the camera will automatically reset all settings when the camera is powered off.

This is only speculation, but perhaps it's tied into the way it stores yourpersonal settings when the battery is changed, too. So, you may want to try setting "All Reset" toOff to see what happens.

It's also possible that the capacitor that holds settings in memory temporarily is defective (I'm assuming that it's a capacitor versus an internal battery due to the short hold time).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:31 PM   #3

yah..I agree. I reckon there's a fault with the circuitry that's supposed to let the camera retain its memory for 1 hour or so. One of my friends was telling me something similar...not for the same model camera as yours though. I said that's really unusual how they make cameras that lose their memory when the driving batteries go flat. Kind of a no-brainer really for camera companies to have that kind of drawback.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 1:50 AM   #4

This isn't a real solution to the problem, but if you're at home you might try plugging in the AC adapter while you change and see if that prevents the loss. Otherwise, I'd agree on checking the "reset settings" feature on the menu (or whatever it's called on the English version :?: and see if that's set wrong. Normally, if the reset settings is set to ON (default), every time you turn off the power button the settings will be reset, so that shouldn't be the same as your problem, but it's worth trying.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:26 PM   #5

My c750 also having the same problem. It occurs after being updated with the latest firmware. Will have to re-adjust the time & date after/whenever changing batteries. Very troublesome.
asfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:10 PM   #6

May be the internal battery ran out?
redhatbert is offline   Reply With Quote