Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:23 AM   #1

:sad: I am trying to take pictures indoors during HS sports games with a Tiffen 2x telephoto lens on my 3020z. I used this Telephoto lens outdoors on landscape type shots and it worked fine. I am having trouble indoors taking sports shots. I am a newbie, so have tried many settings - don't even ask.

Please advise what settings you all think might help to improve the shots. :?

The shots have been blurry, noisy or both depending onthe settings I have tried. They are so bad (see attachments) I cannot even improve them in Photoshop(well maybe I can - but relatively new at that too).

Any help is appreciated by this 'newbie" photo - -I have thought about finally taking the plunge to upgrade since this camera is about 2 years old - but I figure it is still working and I should learn how to "shoot" and what I like taking pictures of.....so I know what I want to buy.......
ellenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:15 PM   #2

I also own the Tiffen 2X teleconverter. It is not a lens that you can use in lower light and faster action. The lens has a tendenancy to make most pictures one-stop underexposed, so that just complicates matters on indoor shots. I use the lens on a C5050Z and have good luck as long as it's outdoors and I overexpose by one half a stop. Sorry but this just isn't the lens for fast action. You have to use the LCD display to know exactly what you are shooting and that also is not real good for fast action. Hope this helps.

PS: A better teleconverter is a Crystalvue LX8, but it too is not for fast indoor shots and cannot be hand-held very easily.
herbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote