Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:15 PM   #1

Hi all,

I have a new C-770 uz I have been playing around with for about a month now.

My question is that I am having difficulty getting clear photos without the flash. I have tried a bit of goofing with the F-stop and Shutter speeds on the manual modes and have seen some improvement. I do not have much photograpy experience so I know little about the manual settings other than simple deduction on how things work.

This camera has 4 "My mode" setting where you can prioritize certain values. It also has a full manual mode to set all settings at your preferences.

I like the camera very much and it takes great photos with the flash.

Any ideas?

arlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:36 PM   #2

Suggestion: for practice, set ISO to 50 and the exposure mode dial to "P". Shoot some outdoor shots with good daytime lighting with the sun at your back, and with the zoom at or near the wide-angle side. Most importantly, you must hold the camera still while focusing (half-press the shutter button, and wait for the green light to come on steadily; if it is flashing, the focus is not fixed properly).
After focus is fixed, press the shutter the rest of the way and hold it steady for a bit even after you hear the click (to assure that no shutter lag is going to cause camera shake). Take a note of the shutter speeds and aperture values showing in the viewfinder. This camera should take great pictures if you use it properly.
When using the full 10x zoom, you need lots of good light or a tripod to hold the camera steadily. It's very difficult to hand-hold shots without camera shake at that zoom setting. Practice, practice, practice!
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:05 PM   #3

OR you can Use the remote control that came with the camera I have a tripod and any and all shots I can take I do it with the remote and the camera if AF mode positively no movement and great pic every time.heres one I took june 2 I reduced the size
Attached Images
chevy69604 is offline   Reply With Quote