Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 23, 2002, 4:12 PM   #1
Default Olympus d40 help

Hi I recently purchased this camera as my first digital camera. I have a few questions and the manual is terrrible. What is the optional image enlargement and do I need to turn it on? Also, can anyone figure out the remote control. Other than that, to the person in Canada thinking about buying it you can get the camera for 450 U.S. Dollars through Beach Camera on the web. They shipped fairly quickly and the camera taked fantastic pictures in the auto mode (the others I have not tried yet). Thanks for any help that anyone can offer
kviperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2002, 9:04 PM   #2

Optional image enlargement put simply is: you get a larger image instead of your regular 4Mpixel image. The camera uses an algorithm to "guess" the extra pixels. As far as I'm concerned, I don't use them. I've heard that if you need to print larger pictures, using that mode helps. But I bet you'll get better effects through Photoshop.

Remote control ? You'll have to set to infra-red mode before it works. Do note that the rear sensor needs to be "really" close before it works. e.g. 2cm. The front sensor is much better.

Hope this helps.
pit is offline   Reply With Quote