Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 6, 2002, 6:13 AM   #1
Default Battery Save Mode - Newbie Question

Hiya All,

I finally got my first digicam (C730) after reading all the comments posted on the site. Absolutely loved it.

I was exploring the features and managed to turn off all the start up screen and sounds (kind of annoying for me), when I noticed the "battery save" function which really puzzles me. Shouldn't this feature be turned ON at all times? Anyone knows what actually is the difference in performance when it is "ON" or "OFF"? :?

Hope to hear from someone real soon!

Vincentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2002, 8:51 AM   #2
Default Battery save mode...

It just turns your camera off after the time you specify, so that you don't waste batteries keeping the monitor and other electronics powered up. The only down side is that it will take a few seconds (maybe 5?) to take a picture the next time you want to, and you need to know how to bring your camera back up when it is in sleep mode (Just depress the shutter fully once on mine). There also may be times when you want the camera to stay on all the time, like when doing a slide show on a TV. At any rate, if you like it, use it; if you don't, you can always turn it off!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2002, 9:11 AM   #3

I always want my camera on. I may go several minutes between shots and do not want to have to wait for the camera to powerup again. Often times those memorable pics are only available for a few secs
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2002, 6:34 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will leave the feature "OFF" then. Cheers!
Vincentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2002, 2:16 PM   #5

The battery save option also disables the large LCD screen (some people have turned on the battery save function, and then complain that their camera is broken when they can't turn on the LCD).

- Oly C-700 (720/730) Yahoo group
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote