Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:00 PM   #1

I can record sound for still or movie mode with my C-2100. It gives me .mov format for the movie mode (pics + sound). How can I copy only the audio track of this file? thanks
mattock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:09 AM   #2

There are video sound extractors available. A trial version of one (All Video Sound Extractor 1.3.1)
is found at:

However, just use SB sound recorder.
- Open SB Creative Sound Recorder (SR)
- Enable Monitor
- Set Record Preferemces
- Set Record Level
- Set Mixer Level & Disable Special Effects

Piece of Cake
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:24 AM   #3

Thanks, Sdromel. unfortunately, I don't have SoundBlaster on any computers at my disposal, and the default Windows sound recorders don't have that 'monitor' function.

I asked here because Olympus documentation with the camera or company web site said nothing about the recording format (Quicktime .mov) or how to play/extract/edit it once recorded. In the week since I posted here, I searched and finally found some shareware programs that would install on my main box (Win 98) and not require major extra downloads (DirectX updates, for example). I ended up using Goldwave (goldwave.com) to extract and save parts of the original file (Goldwave allowed both extraction/save in a Windows-friendly .wav format, and editing of the file). (I think the Quicktime Pro version would have done what I wanted, too.) thanks!
mattock is offline   Reply With Quote