Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 25, 2005, 8:19 PM   #1

I'm in the market for my first digital camera. I am interested in Oly because I can get a deal through a contact. Not sure if I should go point & shoot or a full featured camera. Having said that, I have it narrowed down to either the Stylus 500, the C-60, or the C-5500. Each has their own benefits and every review I read seems to give every camera a half decent review. I'm not a photographer and will only use the camera for pictures of family/friends and for taking on trips (people, landscapes, buildings, etc).

Any advice/help on the cameras I mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

Digitally confused,

bmc114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:38 PM   #2

Hi bmc114:

The 3 you listed are all good cameras; of the 3 listed, the Stylus is the least advanced, the C60 is a rugged metal compact, and the C5500 is the most advanced. However, based on your comments, see if your contact can give you a good price on the new Oly D595 (called the C500 in Europe). It takes great photos and a newbie can use it right out of the box.

That said, you will probably like any of them for the type of photos you will be taking. See if you can to to a store and handle each of them to see how you like the different size and handling.

Good luck in your choice.

Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote