Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 3, 2005, 7:55 AM   #1

I've had a C-730 for several years. It's a wonderful camera that delivers beautiful images every time, particularly the nature macros I love. I decided I wanted another digital cameraso that I could keep one with me in the car. So I bought a C-5500, not realizing that the lack of an electronic viewfinder would make it difficult for me to shoot spontaneous macros--and make it impossible to see instant images of my shots as I taken them.

I've been looking at a lot of new models with more megapixels than the 3.2 in my c-730, figuring it would be nice to have the option of blowing up an occasional print to larger than 8x10. And it would be fun to have something new and exciting. But each seems to have drawbacks as well as advantages. And I find I'm a tad nervous about sinking money into anything but an Olympus. I know there are a lot of fine cameras out there, but my Olympus has really come through for me. The c-8080 sounds excellent, but my budget tops at $500. Last night I was thinking...the goal, after all, is to take great pictures. And since I know the C-7xx line will do the job, maybe I should forget about "new and exciting" and buy the very reasonably priced C-765.

What do you think? Thanks!

Alisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2005, 2:16 PM   #2

Hi Alisande: You might get out cheaper by using the Olympus Auction site on EBay.

I just checked and they hadten C765 camerasfor sale as well as two C770. Prices are usually a lot less than retail.

?Why can't you use the LCD panel for composing and viewing your macro shots with the C5500? Most of the owner comments on the C5500 have been very positive.

Good luck.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote