Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 24, 2002, 10:40 AM   #1
Default C50 Owners Please Weigh In

8) Please share your experience with the C-50. I am suspecting it's no good for indoor photography, but don't know what to expect outside.
nochance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2002, 12:48 PM   #2

That's exactly my impression so far, and this was my main purpose in getting this camera!
nora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 9:18 PM   #3
Default Just thought I'd weigh in

I bought the C50 in December after painstakingly looking at pictures and reviews of the C50, S40, S30, and wondering whether to wait for the S45.

I almost took the camera back after reading all the issues surrounding indoor shots, graininess, etc. of the C50. It really scared me that I spent almost $600 on a flawed camera!

From my experience through a few hundred pictures is overall it works very very well. Outside shots are fantastic, inside in low light I get good shots about 90% of the time. Once in a while it won't focus correctly inside but it almost never fails if I wait for it to focus by pressing halfway down inside. Pictures (4x6) I've had developed are very sharp, great color, and don't exhibit noise (this includes a couple night shots I tried). I did the pixel mapping drill someone with a C730 suggested to combat noise, but did not scientifically make any reference shots to see if it helped.

Maybe I'm not as picky as some folks, but the messages here had me looking quite hard. I don't have anything to compare it to other than what I expect from our 35mm SLR. I like the C50 more every day.
gatorjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 7:01 AM   #4

The C50 is an excellent camera. It will shoot low light photos and outside pics. The C50 optics are as good or better than the cameras in its design. All cameras have limitations so do not be discouraged about discussions about these limitations. If you are happy like gatorjj then great.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote