Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 25, 2002, 10:01 PM   #1
Default Need help with D-40 Zoom

Posted by: jeffzieg Jun-23-02, 08:47 PM

I purchased the Olympus D-40 Zoom and love the camera! But I have a few questions that another owner might be able to help me with:
1. The manual reccomends running the pixel mapping function once a year. Could it harm the CCD or make the camera lose pixels if it runs more often? I ran it a few times because my movies sometimes have a green spot in them.

2. When the camera is open and I press the LCD button, my fingers sometimes press against the front of the camera, on the lower portion of the lens cover. This makes a creaky plastic noise because the cover isn't flat against the camera when open. Not a big deal, but it's a little annoying and I was wondering if they are all like that.

3. When sound is enabled in movie mode, the microphone picks up a lot of sound from the full-time AF, enough to ruin the movie sound. Turning off the full-time AF fixes this, but again, I was wondering if they all have this issue. I don't mean zooming noises, but rather the AF.

Thanks to anybody who replies. I hope some other D-40 owners read this!

Jeff Nonhoff-Zieg
jeffzieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2002, 7:23 AM   #2
Default problems with your D-40

I own the D-40, and I have not experienced the same problems you seem to have encountered. How long have you owned this camera? Perhaps you should return it for another one. You could have gotten a lemon. I hear it happens occasionally. I LOVE my little D-40. It's a gem. Good luck.

Willa is offline   Reply With Quote