Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 29, 2005, 8:38 PM   #1

Hi guys!

I have a Canon A75 and i looking fora new camera (an upgrade).After a lot of hoursreading reviews and everything else, I´mwondering about two cameras: Olympus 7070or CanonG6.

What are the main differences between them? Which ones is better? I´ve seen a lot of reviews about Oly 7070 and I´m very excited with it!!

Oh....Oly 7070 is cheaper!!!!!

Any suggestions?

Ghiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 3:19 AM   #2

just got an Oly c-7070 a few days back, i can't comment on the G6, but i was also tempted to buy it instead of the c-7070, but i finally decided for the c-7070 and so far i love it, for me, the size, battery life and all the features this camera gives are extremely cool i would say go for the C-7070 but again i have not tested a G6

sorry if i was of no help, but i am excited about my oly 7070

Shanti Castillo G.
Shanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:51 PM   #3

Both are excellent cameras and you really can't go wrong with either choice. I like Canon cameras and think they are the best in digital imaging at the moment- having said that- the price and performace of the Oly 7070 won me over and I am now the owner of a 7070 with no regrets. The biggest difference between the 2 cameras is that the Oly is aimed at wide angle shooting (portraits, landscapes etc) as where the G6 has more telephoto zoom reach. I myself usually use DSLR's with long lenses and am usually a telephoto shooter- having said that- I really like the optical quality and performance of the Oly7070 and it's wide angle setup...you can photograph children, animals, vehicles while being close.......like I said- both are excellent- the biggest difference is their lens ranges.......image quality on both are superb but the Canon has a bit better image quality. The Oly 7070 also shows significant more CA than the G6. Here's a shot of a green bottle fly I took with the Oly the 2nd day I owned it-
Attached Images
stevenyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote