Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:31 AM   #1

I just bought a 5060 and need to photograph the outside view of a restaurant. Iam mocking up the interior in my warehouse and simulating the view looking out of the resaurant on the back wall as if you were looking out through the windows. I don't actually need to have the "glass" in the picture.The restaurant has mullions between the windows every 4 feet and I will build them on the warehouse wall.

My plan is to go to the restaurant and stand close to the window on the outside and shoot the scene. I am going to take a shot from every section of the windows between the mullions and then strip them together in Photoshop. The overall image needs to be 16 feet high and 40 feet wide. I will print out (10) 16 feet tallx 4 feet wide "banners" on 48# matte finish paper. I will then basically wallpaper all of the strips on the warehouse wall to make the full image.

I know the pixels will be rather large. This is for a one day meeting and the quality doesn't need to be perfect. It will only be used to simulate the ambiance of the restaurant.

What is the best setting to use on the 5060 to give me the best results? Thanks for any help.

deziner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:39 AM   #2

Although this camera has RAW capture, I've never got on too well with it. The best results I achieved were by setting the camera to TIFF and maximum size.
spjessop is offline   Reply With Quote