Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 25, 2003, 12:19 PM   #11
Default Re: Firm ware

Originally Posted by Bob W R
I don't know what my firmware rev. is! I couldn't find it in note pad or in the other programs! I am just assuming they updated it during the refurb!? Maybe someone else can read it in one of my images's on the gallery.
Thanks if anyone can do it, Bob
Based on the Hamshack picture, http://www.pbase.com/image/11166218 it's v352u-73. There are newer firmwares, some people have had problems with some of the lower numbers...I think it's currently between -77 and -79. Head over to the Oly forum at dpreview.com and do a search...there's been a few conversations on this subject.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 1:52 PM   #12

Thanks to all!! I just snapped a picture, downloaded it and read the exif in "Note Pad"! On the third line it had the firmware as "73"!
Thanks again, I was hopeing for "78"! It's a refurb from Olympus that looks brand new, so maybe it was just a new "Return" from a dealer! I understand they usually do a firmware update when they do the refurb. It performs perfectly now, so we'll see what happens!
Thanks again for all the posts, I have learned a lot from this great forum!
P.S.-- The serial # is- 116714970. Does this tell anything about it's mfg. date?
Bob W R is offline   Reply With Quote