Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 23, 2003, 6:08 PM   #1
Default Camera Controllers

I have an Oly C-4000z and I have downloaded camera controllers from both PineTree Computing and Sabisk. I seem to find both of them a little buggy. One of them, Cam2Com, seemed to try to zoom the camera lens more than it would go, making it make some unpleasant noises. The other one also had some wierd bugs in controlling the camera.
I guess my ultimate question is, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with these two products?

(You see, there's this spider that lives in a corner of my bathroom that I would like to do a time-lapse of, mostly because I have no life. DBF)
deebeeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2003, 6:17 PM   #2

I've been able to get the Sabisk (Cam2Com, I think ) to work as advertised with my C-4000Z. Still haven't figured out the Pine Tree Computing software. But, with Cam2Com, it works fine--I didn't encounter the zooming problem you had.
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 6:28 AM   #3

I've used Pinetree with a C-700 with no problems.

Did you actually set up Pinetree to use it with a C-4000? Because if you didn't, it might have thought that it was another model of camera and therefore trying to extend the zoom beyond the camera's specs. According to http://www.pinetreecomputing.com/camctl_cameralist.asp you have to modify the registry for the C-4000.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:51 AM   #4

I've had Cap2Com working happily with a C4000, taking one pic per minute and uploading it to a local development web server. Bit of overkill as a webcam, but suitable for time lapse photography.

fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote