Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:27 PM   #1

Here's a pro that will only use the olypus cameras. Got rid of his DSLR'S and won a national award for his work. Any of you use the camera for pro work too? http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844
RyanDigitalBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:56 PM   #2

Thanks for posting the Rob Galbraith link. It was a great article and a testament to the great photos that the C-8080 can produce.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 8:48 AM   #3

"Magnum Photographer Donovan Wylie Goes Digital"
The switch to digital has been a gradual one for Wylie. He moved from the darkroom to using a film scanner about 5 years ago, but still employed someone to make prints for him. Scanning changed the editing process, but Wylie was still essentially using the lab system to produce prints.

A 6-week project in Estonia just over a year ago, commissioned by the Centre Pompidou in Paris, gave him the opportunity to experiment with a digital camera. Did this Magnum photographer choose a high-end DSLR or medium format camera with a digital back? No, instead Wylie used an 8 megapixel Olympus C-8080 compact digicam, a consumer model currently available for just £350. The resulting images were printed on a friend's HP 130 printer, with Wylie loving the "flat look" and increased depth-of-field that the small sensor camera delivered.

nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:05 AM   #4

Sorry, I can't seem to edit that post! Is anyone else seeing double?* When I delete the repeated info, the whole thing gets deleted.**10/08/05 edit...Yay!* I was able to kind of fix it today, LOL!NB
nellybly is offline   Reply With Quote