Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 1, 2002, 4:53 AM   #1
Default C-3040 vs C-370UZ

Can anyone give me a quick showdown with the c-3040, and the c370uz. I was decided on the 3040 before the c-370 came out, now am confused!!! Please kindly send a quick reply, I am planning my purchase within 16 hours! Thanks to all who can respond.

Regards, Guy visiting Calif. from Guam!
Island Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2002, 6:50 AM   #2

Let me see if I can help. Think you got the model # wrong on the 370. The UZ (Ultra Zoom) series has 3 cameras in it.
1. C-2100UZ 10X Optical
2. C-700UZ 10X Optical
3. C-720UZ 8X Optical
This is the order that they were manufactered in. with the 720 just being just released. When I got my C-3040 I sold my 2100UZ to a good friend. I got a 700UZ but it did not match the 2100UZ. Seems Like Ray who got my 2100 would email me 2-4X a week to tell me to check the Picture of the day at this site sure enougn it would be taken with a 2100. I think that model has won more times than any other brand let alone model. I shoot about 95% with the 2100 (bought another one) and 5% with the 3040. The 3040 take a fantastic picture, but here in Colorado or when I go back home to Florida for a visit its the 2100 that goes. You can get some many more great outdoor pics because of the 10X zoom. Now I think your question was on the720UZ just released, the 700 was not near the cam the 2100 is, would not want to say anything about the 720 as I have not shoot with it. For a person shooting at home and mainley people type pics, but not mountain. beach, wildlife its the 3040 hands down. But if you are the outdoor type a 2100UZ is a sure winner. If you want to talk let me know and will u2u my phone #, take to much more typeing to really give you an insite that would really help.
Good Luck,
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2002, 2:08 PM   #3

Hi Gary,
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm still a bit confused about what to do, and would really like to talk to you if that is o.k. with you. Please post your number to my e-mail directly, and I will call when it is convenient for you. Thanks again for your insite.
Island Dude is offline   Reply With Quote