Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 7, 2003, 3:14 PM   #1
Default Are these lenses any good?

Hi everyone. I just purchased a C-2100 and I am new to this, but eager to learn. I have been offered these three lenses and adapters to use them on the C-2100 for $85.00, but I have not been able to find enough information to know if this is a good deal. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

They are:

Sony 1.4X teleconverter, a Sony 2X teleconverter, and a Yashicor wide angle converter

Thanks, Sue
artshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2003, 4:33 PM   #2

There are very few teleconverters compatible with the C2100 UZ. Although most teleconverters will work fine with a 3X zoom camera, very few will work properly with a 10X zoom. The only two I know of that will work with the 2100 are the Olympus B-300, which is expensive and difficult to locate, and the Raynox DCR 1540 Pro.

I know nothing about the Sony or Yashicor products you mentioned. Hope this helps.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 7:44 PM   #3

Hi Sue...

Go to the Olympus pages and it may tell you the following. I know that the Olympus pages for the UK does.

Compatible lens for the C2100UZ:

Tele:- TCON14
Wide:- WCON08
Marcro MCON40 Set

The above require a SUR: Stepup ring 49mm-55mm

As our previous friend stated conversion lens for the Uzi are few you can check out a site at http://<u><a href="http://www.raynox...ox.com</a></u>

I hope this is of some help as I am new to this myself and was given the above from others.

Cheers &...
Geordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2003, 8:09 AM   #4
Default Lens

I have used both of the Sony's you mentioned on my Olympus C2100 and the 1.4 is an excellent lens and will give your zoom a little more zip without a loss of light and little added weight. The 2x will work but I did not like it as much as the 1.4. I do not use any wide/A on this camera as I have found the sitching feature works well. I have since aquired a B-300 and while heavy it is the best by far. For $85 bucks you could add these lenes for some future use as well?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2003, 12:42 PM   #5
Default More on lens

I might add that I have not run any comparison photos between the Sony 1.4 and the B-300 except I have noticed very little or absent purple fringing with the Sony lens in those kinds of photos where you would expect to find it. When my photos come out great that's all I worry about. good luck
normc is offline   Reply With Quote