Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 13, 2003, 3:35 PM   #11
Default Well, heard back from Olympus...

I finally heard back from Olympus tech support via e-mail. After three exchanges and not getting any answers, I was asked to call their digital camera tech support line.

The bottom line: the C-4000 does not remember, even in My Modes, any "mechanical" settings--including manual focus, aperture, etc. It requires a "refresh" of the camera--either by turning it off and back on or adjusting manual focus manually--to reactivate the saved manual focus setting.

This is not that big of a deal, but I am a bit disappointed. It would have been nice, given how much they implemented into My Modes, to have the camera automatically adjust the focus setting to what it was saved as. Given how the My Modes are touted as a quick and convenient way to access previously saved settings, this is a let down.

I asked the technician in that case, why is AF/MF even an option in My Modes settings? (see below) His answer: "I have no idea."

Well, at least I know my camera is working like it's supposed to, and it's not defective.

Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote