Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 10, 2003, 1:22 PM   #1
Default C-4000Z battery life test results

I posted this on rec.photo.digital, but I thought folks here who don't frequent RPD might find it interesting:

I ran a test on my C-4000 with a fully charged set of Duracell 1800mAh NiMH batteries. I put the camera in control mode, hooked it up to my computer, and using the Cam2Com software, had it take photos every 30 seconds with the LCD on. It's not really "real-world" test since neither you nor I nor anyone else will be taking pictures every 30 seconds ad infinitum until the batteries die, but at least it gave an idea of longevity of the batteries. The setup also involved downloading each picture to the computer as they are taken, so that somewhat compensated for the lack of motor functions (mostly focusing) in terms of battery usage.

The results: 264 shots at HQ/full resolution with the LCD on. At approx. 240th shot, a message popped up on the controlling software saying that the batteries were about to die. After the last shot, the camera went dead and the green and the orange lights slowly blinked (according to the reference guide, indication of drained batteries).

Another observation: the camera was quite warm to touch afterwards.

I'm quite happy with the result.
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:37 PM   #2

That's a great post. I wonder if the software for my Sony DSC-P51 will let me take pictures from the computer?? I'll have to check that out.
Lyquist is offline   Reply With Quote