Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 11, 2003, 8:59 PM   #1
Default What's correct etiquette in posting images?

What is considered the upper acceptable limit in size when posting images on the forum, for courtesy's sake? 800x600 is what I'm thinking, but I'm new at this. I still have a 56k modem, and some of the recent C4000 threads have shots that haven't downloaded after 15 min. Sizes are up to 1.6 mb. I had to wait, since I was interested in what was discussed. Maybe us dinosaurs with the slow modems will be forced to dsl by the majority. Jeff
jmcdev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2003, 9:29 PM   #2

For posting images on the web, I think 800x600 would be the largest. Linking the url to the photo would be desirable also. I'm on DSL, and I too get slow downs if one thread would have many large photos in it.
gmlasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 5:20 AM   #3

800x600 tops, or maximum of 150K for a really GOOD photo, 100k or less for average ones. A great site to get an account at for sharing your photos is http://www.pbase.com It costs $23 a year for a few hundred meg, but pbase has the ability to view the same image at different resolutions plus it thumbnails all images automatically, and it cookie's your resolution choice and it's the same whenever you hit a pbase link (if you normally view in medium, and then select a different size for one image you selection will be that new size; you just have to click Medium again to set back the default. Here's an example from the C-700 Yahoo group:

Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 7:09 AM   #4

I will vote for www.pbase.com. It is the easiest way to share photos with everyone.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote