Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:50 AM   #1

I found a Sp-350 review today at:

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:20 PM   #2

Hi Sarah,
Yes, I read it with interest, but their overall score was just "8." I wonder if the SP-310 with 7 mps. would produce sharper images with less noise in lower lighting conditions. At this point, I am still leaning HEAVILY towards that S80 - but the price is also heavy!

Have good day,
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:10 PM   #3

We receivedour SP-350 today and the first thing I did was run around with our C7070 and do a comparison "shoot out" with the two cameras. Our main concern is "great color" with our cameras, so I was anxious to see how the new one would do.

We've used Olympus for over 20 years and had most of the C-series. I always thought the 3030 and 3040 had the best color, with a close runner up being the newer 7070. We had a 5050 (until it blew up), C-50, and also have an 8080.

So far, I'm really happy with the SP350 image quality and natural color of the photos! You can view our quickcolor comparison photos at http://www.scubamom.com/350/index.html

The size is quite small - about like our C50 and very lightweight. I'll be anxious to see how long two AA batteries will last. We were also pleased with the flash with indoor shots. It had more range than we expected.

Two drawbacks we noticed right away - the USB cable is like nothing we've ever seen - not anything like the C50, 7070, or 8080 - leave it to Oly to come up with an oddball (meaning we'll have to drag another cable along on our trips). And thepower button is tiny and notvery easy to push on and off, especially if you have large fingers

Otherwise, so far so good! I'll report back after we've used it a few days.
scubamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:11 PM   #4

Thanks for posting the comparison pictures. That was helpful. Was wondering if you have had more time to play yet and post your results. I am looking for a point and shoot with lots of control possibilities that hasa fast sutterlag, shot to shot recycle time and quick accurate auto focus. I also like the fact you can easily add a wide angle lens and also they make an underwater housing for it. The sp-350 looks good, but so new that the reviews aren't there yet. I will use it for underwater snorkeling and surfing so the shutter lag and focus issue is key for me. Grateful for any more info you can bestow.

captaint is offline   Reply With Quote