Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 3, 2002, 11:52 AM   #1
Default E100/Uzi Teleconverter Help needed FAST!

Well, Ive managed to procrastinate myself into a corner again and Im hoping your experience can save me. Im leaving for a cruse to Alaska in just over a week and Ive got to buy a/some teleconverter(s) before I leave.

My camera is the Olympus E100-RS (same 10x lens as the C2100UZ Uzi), so anyone with experience with teleconverters on these cameras will be esp. helpful. I will be using a tripod (most of the time) and will be trying for some quite distant shots (for example from the ship to the passing shoreline). Therefore, anything less than about 3x is out, and Im expecting to have to stack two to get the necessary results.

Unfortunatly, cost is also something of an issue (so while the Oluympus B-300 seems to be a fine lens, its just too much money for the amount of magnifiaction).

The contenders seem to be:

1) Kenko KUT-300Hi (3x for about $90)

2) CrystalVue SharpShooter (8x32 for about $150)

3) Eagle Eye Optic Zoom (5x for about $200 if I can find one!)

The first (Kenko 3x) often seems to be used with the others for a total (on the E100 at 10X) of from 150x (Kenko + EagleEye) to 240x (Kenko + CrystalVue).

Please let me know what has worked for you.
Any tips on adaptors (Im going to do another thread on the Scopetronix MaxView 40 Adaptor - $130), good stores that have these in stock (CKS is out) and are honest would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ill try to stop by as often as I can (Im at work today).
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2002, 2:52 AM   #2

Avoid any of the Kenko "video" adapters as they are cr@p with the C2100 amd quite likely with the E100 also.

I picked up an A-200 for $50 and it works perfectly with my C2100: No distortion, good useful zoom range and the AF works great.

Try to stick with the Olympus stuff, as they do work very well and are not that hard to find and most camera shops.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote