Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 6, 2003, 1:07 PM   #1
Default C4000Z for a new user

I'm looking at buying the C4000Z as my first digital camera. I didn't want just a point and shoot but wanted something with more manual controls that I could "grow into". Any thoughts or comments on ease of use/learning curve for a new user? Is the C4000Z too much for someone just starting out? Thanks
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2003, 1:28 PM   #2

You can use the C-4000Z as a fully-automatic, point-and-shoot camera. Then later on, you can start playing around with manual settings and customizing colors (saturation), white balance, etc., to achieve optimal shooting. But I have no hesitation recommending the 4000Z as the first digital camera to anyone.

If you do get it, and when you are ready to grow into the wealth of options and features (that is, after you've mastered the point-and-shoot aspect of the camera): check out the 240+ page PDF-format reference guide included on the CD-ROM that comes with the camera. It's a great guide to using the 4000Z.

Good luck.
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2003, 1:34 PM   #3

You can even download the manuals in advance if you want to check them out, head to http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...ad_manuals.asp and select "C-Series Digital Camera" from the dropdown menu near the bottom of the page, and then "C-4000 Zoom" from the second dropdown menu that appears...there are four manuals to choose from including the 8.2 meg full reference manual.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote