Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 8, 2006, 4:25 PM   #1

Hello forum members, sure could use some help. I have a 2yr old C720, it has the Circuit City 3yr warranty. The camera never has been dropped or gotten wet. About a yr ago, it started to freeze up, meaning, it would not shut off. The only way to get around this is to pull the batterys. Reinsert the same battery's and its OK for a while, it also is very slow in focusing. There are also times when it will simply not take a picture,even tho the green light is on.

When I bought it CC, had a return policy, however they changed that and now you have to call a 800# and they send you a box to ship it to a repair station. The first time they clean and reset the camera to factory spec's, what ever that is, they could not make the camera repeat the problem. That lasted 5months and when you need a picture, it always seem to fail.

I have been to the CC store where I bought it and repeatedly, but very nicely, ask them to do something. Same old story, you have to send it in.

I did that over Christmas, as it is up to its old tricks again. Same old story, reset and adjust and clean.

My girlfriend is about to throw it in the lake and get something new.

Any thoughts on how to handle this camera and Circuit City? We speciifically bought this style camera because it fit her hand and was comfortable and just the correct size.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Jeff
Jeff F is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links