Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 4, 2006, 5:46 PM   #1

I am interested in purchasing a SanDisk Extreme III 2 GB compact flash card for my Olympus 5050 and was wondering if anyone has tried this combination and had any problems. I've read some things on the net where people are complaining that higher memory cards do not get read correctly in this camera. I currently use an Extreme II 512MB and so far have no problems. My camera has firmware version 78.

Thank you,

GraphicsPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:17 PM   #2

Hey Kelly:

I've had my C-5050 for a long time. I don't know about the 2gb card, but I have been using a 1gb Extreme III card for well over a year with no problem at all. I normally shoot at the HQ setting and it gives me 822 frames.

I did have a question, however, that someone may be able to answer. Is there a way to set the default memory card to go to the Compact Flash FIRST and then the xD card? I prefer the CF card, but like to have a small xD card loaded n the camera in case I run out of shots and want just a few more. Its kind of a pain because I'm constantly shooting on the xD card when I turn on the camera, but forget to hit the card selector and change to CF.

JPOSBORN is offline   Reply With Quote