Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 27, 2006, 8:58 AM   #1

Is there a big difference in photo quality between 7070 and smaller cameras like A620? I need a camera for my holidays, family pictures, landscape. Thanks!
hariskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:25 AM   #2

I think the mod might step in and tell you to move this one to the "which camera should I buy forum" but Ill give my .02! If you are doing landscapes you might want to buy a camera with a wideangle lens which the SLR type cameras have to capture more of the landscape scene. The most notice difference really in "image quality" are barrel distortion and "pincusioning" and the effect where the outer edges of an images are not as sharp as the center on a compact camera. More noise could also be a problem at higher ISO settings due to the smaller CCD footprint. I hope this explaination so far is not too technical.
The difference is there it just depends how scrutinizing you are compact cameras have come a ways somewhat you may want to look into a stylus 800 if it meets your fancy. It takes wonderful pictures.
OlympusTSrep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:31 PM   #3

I have both and use either for different occasions.The 620 is nice to carry in the pocket and does a nice job of casual shots.* *But the 7070 is my favorite.* It's the one I use for more serious photography.The 7070 is now very hard to get ahold of now.
Whisperin Squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:40 AM   #4

Im thinking C7070 is a tad more complex
it has a metal chassis and a very solid feel
at 28mm (35 eq) its quite wide and operates spendidly with a tiny bit of barrel distortion at 28mm. You can get wide angle converters for them
With Oly flashes its full TTL, but the flash can be expensive.

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote