Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 3, 2003, 11:57 AM   #1
Default Auto Exposure Problems

Just upgraded (??) from a 2100. Finding out that camera misses as much as it hits on exposure setting. Usually underexposed and require a + .7 or 1.0, even in bright sunlight. I have read the m manual, researched this on two other forums, and am wondering if this is a peculiar issue with this camera, or is something wrong? (It finds exposure/focus lock almost instantaneously with the half press, but it apparently is lying a good deal of the time.

Any comments or suggestions greatly apreciated.
sailinguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2003, 12:33 PM   #2

I haven't had any problems with mine. How did you determine that it is .7 - 1.0 stops underexposed? The C-2100 has several different methods for determining exposure settings. Are you using the default settings of the camera? Or are you using spot metering, or some other method for determining exposure? What subject are you using? There's a lot of factors affecting exposure, so please give us more information.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 9:10 AM   #3
Default Sorry I did not elaborate on camera

Can't believe it, but I am having the auto exposure problems with a new E20N, not the 2100 which I have had for 2 years and never missed an exposure lock. I determined the amount of compensation needed by bracketing shots. In full bright sunlight I need .7+ compensation for full exposure. But not all the time, just 75% of the time. It does fine with low light shooting on cloudy days, inside w/o flash, etc. This was the reason I got rid of my Dimage 7i. Never knew what I was going to get when I pushed the shutter!
sailinguru is offline   Reply With Quote