Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 8, 2003, 4:08 PM   #1
Default c-740 threads?

Does anyone know the exact size (mm) of the camera's lens threads? Trying to find a camera for a friend. I own a c-2100 with a lens thread of 49mm. All you have to do is just screw on filters, etc. No adapters needed. I usually keep a uv filter on to prevent "scratching of the lens". So, is the camera capible of that without adapters? Does this camera have threads? If so, what size?
camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2003, 10:03 PM   #2

Like the other C-7x0 cameras the 740 DOESN'T have any threads on the lens...the threads are on the camera body where the lens comes out. I haven't seen anything that says which filter tube the 740 uses, but someone talking about an Oly teleconverter says it said in the blurb for the teleconverter that the 740/750 requires the CLA-4 to use the teleconverter which is the same filter tube as the other C-7x0 cameras use...sorry I can't offer a direct answer; if you already own the 740 suggest you read the reference manual that's on the CD that came with the camera and it should mention the tube.

Note that most C-7x0 users find filter tubes a good thing in that it protects the whole lens assembly from getting bumped...some C-7x0 users have had their lenses bumped, knocking them out of alignment (causing the gears not to mesh)...in most cases a bump in the opposite direction knocked the lens back into alignment. Previous C-7x0 cameras have suffered from flash shadow with the tube on, but with the 740 the flash has been redesigned.

If the C-740 is the same thread as the other C-7x0's, you should be able to use any of the clones that are available for the C-7x0 like 52mm, 46mm, and 37mm (the Oly CLA-4 is 55mm).

BTW, the thread on the C-7x0 camera body is 45.6mm (that's not a typo).

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/ All C-7x0 users welcome.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 9:44 AM   #3

Go to this link for the adapter tubes at www.2filters.com

Mike has already stated that the thread size at the camera is 45.6 mm.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 2:22 PM   #4

:roll: Camper;
Yes in deed, the CLA-4 is the correct adapter tube for the C-740 (C-750 also). You can verify this and other accessory compatibilites at;

Have A Superdandy Day!
superdandy is offline   Reply With Quote