Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 11, 2002, 11:18 AM   #1
Default C3000 or C700

Well, I'm upgrading from a Fuji FinePix 1400 which has always been a really nice camera to me. I decided to combine my Rebel X 35mm and my FinePix digital, sell 'em both, and get a nice digital camera that's going to give me more zooming capabilities than the FinePix but create some really nice pictures. I'm down to the decision of the Oly C-700 or the C-3000 but can't really seem to make up my mind. I hear the C3000 gives excellent pics but I really like the 10X zoom on the C700. I also know, however, that this does not have image stabilization but I am maxing out my limit with one of these and don't have the extra money to spend on the C-2100. Anyone have any suggestions between the two of these?
aplustech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2002, 7:27 AM   #2
Default C3000 or C700

A difficult choice! I have the C3000 and it gives me excellent results. The widest setting is actually 28mm (35 mm cameras)!
Cons: The menues are tricky to go through! But a wonderful camera!

My son has the C700 and he loves it! We can see no difference in the quality of the pics between the two cams! The zoom is a great bonus! If you like the zoom - go for the C700!

BOsse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2002, 8:06 AM   #3
Default C-700UZ is a great camera

I have the C700 and love it, the picture quality is great. And the zoom is awsome, it lets you get close. Very close in fact. A C700 and a Tripod is a powerfull combination. Fast shutter time shots is also great at full zoom, but long shutter times needs a tripod at full zoom.

The colors are great, and the menu is very easy and mangeable in the field. The zoom range is 35mm-380mm a winner for sports and wildlife photo. And its very flexible, a great allround camera.

Its possible to attatch tele converters, vide angle converter and filters using the CLA4 adapter provide by Olympus.

The fact tha it can be used in any way from full auto to full manual is great.

I would not hessitate to recommend it.

Sample pics, look here: http://www.pbase.com/bjarnechr/olympus_c_700

Good luck
BjarneChr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2002, 8:19 AM   #4

Thanks guys. I ordered the C-700 yesterday.
aplustech is offline   Reply With Quote