Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 19, 2003, 5:07 PM   #1
Default Need help for TTL external flash for E-10

I have olympus E-10 and I want to buy a external flash. The FL-40 is way too expensive. Does any one knows or had experience of use other TTL flash such as: Nikon TTL brand?

I notice some of the Nikon TTL flash has the same Specification as FL-40, but doesn't know if compatible with my E-10. Anyone could suggest me for anything ?

yu152258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2003, 7:18 PM   #2

The FL-40 is the perfect mate for the Olys, especially with its focus assist beam. There's also the FL-20, but the flash isn't as powerful.

There are flashes from Promaster that are compatible but there have been many complaints about the focus assist beam not staying on long enough for C-series cameras to focus. Also this flash is only available in the USA.

Here's a list of flashes that someone has tested with the C-2100 but will also work with the E-10:

I have to say that I've tried the FL-40 on an E-20, and have to say it's a nice flash worth the extra pennies. BTW, I'm a C-700 user.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 11:46 AM   #3

Before giving up on the FL-40, you might want to consider eBay for a good used one. I was able to find separately the Olympus FL-40, bracket, and cable I needed for about $300. And yes, it was worth the money.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote