Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:11 PM   #1

I've got a pair of (used) D-550s. Yes, I know they're old hat now, but my Boss has one and I liked it so much that I bought one (that has a problem, I'll address it in my next post) and then another.

* Both of mine, when I open the lens barrier, the LCD turns on, which then shows a black background and the battery state, number of shots left, etc. After two seconds, the LCD turns back off. In order to use the LCD, I have to press the "Monitor" button.

My Boss' D-550 starts up with the LCD active, and it stays that way. No extra button press needed. He & I are mystified. What gives? I don't see a menu option to change this behaviour.

* Is there a firmware upgrade for the D-550?

* One User Guide (on my server) suggests (in step 3b) that timestamping can be accomplished.

. . . it is recommended that you set the date & time. This affects the way image file names are created, and will conveniently stamp each picture with this information.
I know that the timestamp data is saved in the EXIF fields, but I assume (because every other digital camera I've owned or used could) that it can do the normal consumer thing and punch it onto the image. How is this done?
al_savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:40 PM   #2

There is some software that will read the exif data and burn the date and or time onto the photo. Try http://www.DTS8888.com. They have a tiral download.
msadler is offline   Reply With Quote