Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Sep 30, 2003, 1:55 AM   #1
Default Intel Digicam/Webcam -- need the USB cable.

HELP! About a year and a half ago, I bought a fixed focus, non-LCD, Intel camera for my son, on the occasion of my first grandchild. My son's family lives in Texas and we in Nebraska, and getting those low-rez pics in email and Ofoto were great! He quickly upgaded to a 'real' digicam, and gave the camera back to me -- but without the USB cable. I regifted the camera to my daughter last week, but will need the cable when she wants to upload to one of my computers. My son can't find it, and there is no mention of digicams on Intel's site. Any idea where I can get the proper cable? BTW, why can't the camera end of USB cables be standard, like the computer end? :?
DigitalNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2003, 7:45 PM   #2

Call Intel, go to their support website and you can order the usb cable for it really easily.

The reason the connector on the camera side is different than the other end is to make it easier to use, less bulky, I know I have a Intel Pocket Digital Camera (the one with the flash and 1.3megapixel and I used to have the older one without the flash and had a cmos 640-480 both of em have the same usb cable.

Infact go to compusa or any other computer store and I bet you will find the correct usb cable since a lot of other computer products, cameras and other things use the exact same cable.
Mrjunky is offline   Reply With Quote