Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old May 12, 2004, 11:36 PM   #1

I was looking at this camera on Ebay and noticed that it has a Sony lens and doesn't seem to be that bad of a camera for the price. Does anyone have any information/sample pictures from this camera? I'm not really ready to buy it on a whim, but I might have found a diamond in the rough. At first I thought it was a re-badged Sony, but I can't find any Sony's that look like this one.

Thanks in advance!
lecherousjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 7:44 PM   #2

I did skim the specs for this model. It is not very specific on some of the details -- for example: CCD type (if it is even using CCD versus CMOS).

Take this for what it's worth, but I'd strongly recommend avoiding "no name" models.

There is a lot going on "under the hood" in a Digital Camera (color accuracy, JPEG compression algorithms, noise reduction techniques, autofocus accuracy/speed, metering accuracy, etc. So, I would never trust a "no name" model, if I wanted higher quality photos.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 9:20 PM   #3

I bought an Ezonics Vistacam Discovery EZ887 on ebay a few months back as a second camera. It's identical to the Visioneer MX230 you are interested in. I've been very pleasantly surprised, especially with the close ups. It's capable of focusing very accurately with nice color. For the price I paid ($53) I really don't have many complaints & consider it a good purchase. Here is a pic I took a few weeks ago with it.

Attached Images
Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 7:14 AM   #4

I have a visioneer MX 230 it has a 3 times optical zoom lens and on the lower part of the lens it has Sony CCD Sensor . I paid 148 dollars for mine at Office Max a year or too ago. It is a 2.0 mega pixel camera and the picture quality is quite good. Visioneer has a web site at http://www.visioneer.com. If you would like I could send you a couple of pictures. lyle70@msn.com
andy74 is offline   Reply With Quote