Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Other Makes

Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:32 PM   #1

it says computer cannot detect a camera make sure connected properly i have still nothing do i download software, or have to buy disc of somesort, im trying to sell a manu print on ebay and to do so i need a picture so if anyone can help i would be very greatful thanks
m1k3ufc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:46 PM   #2

I don't know. Does it show up under "My Computer" when you plug it in? Sometimes, the mode dial needs to be in a particular setting.

If you're running Windows XP, and the camera is USB Mass Storage Compliant, it should see it when it's plugged in, but I'm not familiar with this brand of camera (never heard of it before now).

I don't see any manual or drivers on this web site I located for the DC4000. But, you can download a manual for a newer DC6300 and see if that helps.

You can select a language in the bottom right corner of the page.

Your easiest solution is probably to go down to a local office supply or electronics store and buy a USB card reader. These are very inexpensive. Then, insert your memory card into the card reader to copy your photos (it would show up as a removable drive under "My Computer").

JimC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 12:49 AM   #3

On the DC6300 you have to turn the control knob to "PC" to make the camera connect to a PC, which is a somewhat different mode of operation from other cameras I've tried.
Renato is offline   Reply With Quote