Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:42 AM   #1

I live 15 minutes from the Australia Zoo, the home Steve Irwin the Crocodile Man. Today (sunday) we drove out to Aust Zoo to pay our respects to him and his lovely young family. Almost a week after his death, people are still queuing to pay tribute to this Australian Icon. We (my family) picked up a nice bunch of flowers to lay at the entrance to Aus Zoo. It was amazing to see a nation pour out their heart to a man that most had only ever seen on TV, but felt they knew him personally...i know i did. I fought back the tears as i read some of the words on posters, cards and ribbons that had been penned by people from all over the area.

Below are some of the photos i took today. If anyone wants some of the hi-res photos so the words and verses can be read, please PM me and i will send them

sorry to the people on dial-up for the large file size but i would like to keep this all on one thread page.

Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2006, 9:02 AM   #2

Brett

Thanks for sharing those excellent photos. Almost like being there. Steve was unique, a larger-than-life man who, by the force of his will and his daring caused us to ponder the plight of our fellow creatures. The reason for all the sadness is that he can never, ever be replaced.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:55 AM   #3

Yeah Brett,

Thanks for sharing these photos. As a fellow Aussie (who currently lives half a world away) I was saddenned to hear of Steve's passing away. Aparently his wife and children were holidaying in Tasmania (where I'm originally from) when he died, so it must have been hard from them to travel all the way up to North Queensland with that sad news.

Steve was an awesome guy... a very strong ambassador for Australian wildlife and nature (as well as other parts of the world!) and also was a part of the Australian culture displayed for the world to get to know.

Thanks for this opportunity to see photos from Australia zoo and all the best to his family.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:47 AM   #4

thanks for posting brett...

me here in SA really loved watching steve's shows....

pitty that the world is now less another personw ho is passionate bout nature...

God be with his Family...

cheers for now.

B
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:49 PM   #5

Thanx for the pictures but with a man larger than life like Steve Irwin nothing could possibly portray him properly. It is the silence that roars so loudly in his wake. He will be missed by millions. Hopefully his wife and daughter will carry torch in memory of Steve.

Take Care,
Ray
Raybonz is offline   Reply With Quote