Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jul 17, 2002, 10:09 PM   #1

Default Cochem, Germany

I have finally finished the pics, the story, and all the coding for our tale of One Day in Cochem. The pictures are compressed and otherwise 'dumbed down' for faster loading on the web. My purpose in this presentation was to focus more on the story than on the quality of the pictures. The originals came out wonderful...

Here is a shot from Cochem Castle, looking at Cond, the town across the Mosel River

The entire day, and its story, may be viewed by clicking <a href="http://www.chezjag.net/cochem/cochemindex.html">here</a>. Enjoy!

[Edited on 7-18-2002 by JAGirard]
JAGirard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2002, 4:54 PM   #2

Default Beautiful gallery

Great pics.

I was in Cochem in Sep 2000 and your pics reminded me of a beautiful place it is.

Bryan
bmurahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2002, 5:04 PM   #3

Great wine, too, oder?

Thanks for the compliments, Bryan! I'm glad my shots brought back for you the same fine memories we have from our time spent there.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 5:31 PM   #4

Beautiful and educational journey - loved the monologue and details. The German people are really thoughtful. The convenience (water bowl) for dogs on the trail is something which would probably never enter the mind of Americans who maintain forest trails, etc. Loved the statue of the "goat" in the wine press! Yep, blame it on the goat - he drank all that wine!

Thanks for a wonderful look at the German countryside. I've been there (Germany) many time, but never tire of the lush green and great historic sites. Last trip was through the Black Forest and to visit Neuschwanstein and other castles - photo opportunities everywhere!

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2002, 5:51 PM   #5

...which is exactly why I took the shot of the waterbowl...

Thanks very much, Lin! I'm glad I was able to tell and illustrate one little day of our lives spent in a tiny town in Germany that, frankly, I had never heard of before until we were figuring out what to do for a long weekend in May.

Then I kind of went bananas with the camera that day, but, there were a lot of things to go bananas over.

When I went to post our experience, I decided to do it in a format that would tell the story and allow the viewer to bounce around, read and view what they want, and come back later, because I really wanted to post a lot of shots from that day.

That's only the half of them. Wonderful town.