Attached Images

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 8:42 AM   #122

The nasty Zero.

Attached Images

Old May 4, 2007, 10:48 PM   #123

Nice, I love the WWII era planes.

I just got back from the track. Took 177 photos before it got too dark. Next time I'm going to get closer to get some different shots. (I was just scoping out my options this time). Here are a few to tide you over for now.....

Attached Images

overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 10:49 PM   #124

2. A little smoke....

Attached Images

Old May 4, 2007, 10:50 PM   #125

3. The white bike ran in the 140 mph range every run....

Attached Images

Old May 4, 2007, 10:51 PM   #126

4. Got a good launch on this one.... (I have one even better I'll post later :G)

Attached Images

Old May 4, 2007, 10:52 PM   #127

5. And these guys meant business.... a couple of them ran 199mph

Attached Images

Old May 5, 2007, 1:03 AM   #128

Wow, those are heavy duty racing engines. What's that WWII blue car racing against the yellow T-bird? I saw an ambulance in the distance, is there any accident so far?

Scott, Neil, don't you guys know you have a monster in your hands? Last week I tested the shutter sensitive of the XTI, extremely sensitive, each time you hit the shutter it sends the signal to the camera processor in nanosecond to execute the shot before you even know it did.

Here is the shot I look atit everyday. You see the yellow flash of the burning sulfur in the gun powder but in daylight you don't see it, it's a flash happens so fast your eyes cannot catch it, only at nightime. I mentioned a few times the XTI is lightning fast but up until last week I could prove so. I keep getting similar shots like that in other civil war events but not with two guns, this time it captured both guns fired at the same time.
Attached Images

Old May 5, 2007, 7:41 AM   #129

I'm not exactly sure about the roadster in the last photo.... I would have to say a 30's era Ford Coupe. There weren't any accidents while I was there. You also have to sign a paper when you enter saying that they arent responsible in you get hurt. Even as just a spectator. Every first friday of the month is the Pro Stock shoot out races. You know where I'll be atleast once a month .

Last time I went to the strip, I got maybe 15% that were keepers. This time I bet I got 80% keepers. I used to shoot primarly in P mode but I've been reading alot on the internet and a few books. Last night I practiced using the Av, Tv and even the M mode all night. I was able to make the adjustments needed to get good exposure all the way up untill the last 5 shots or so..... Even after the sun went down and the lights came on....

That is a pretty amazing shot Coldshot. Capturing the gunblast like that. You must have been anticipating them to fire. OR did you hear the click of the flintlock and predict when it would fire off?

Old May 6, 2007, 9:02 PM   #130

overkill wrote:
Quote:

That is a pretty amazing shot Coldshot. Capturing the gunblast like that. You must have been anticipating them to fire. OR did you hear the click of the flintlock and predict when it would fire off?

I didn't tell you the whole story. About that gunblast shot, I just finished a cup of beer, I was in a twilight zone, I pulled the trigger.:-)