Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old May 7, 2007, 7:47 PM   #141

Waiting for his turn to introduce himself after Lt. Colonel Keith Harriott gave a greeting speech to the audience.

Attached Images

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 7:50 PM   #142

Union army Lt. Colonel Jeffrey Copelandsalutesthe audience.
Attached Images

Old May 7, 2007, 7:54 PM   #143

Union army officers, watching troops formation.

Attached Images

Old May 7, 2007, 8:03 PM   #144

Attached Images

Old May 7, 2007, 8:13 PM   #145

A brave Confederate female soldier picks up the flag from a fallen soldier, it's an honor to carry the flag andshe knows that on battlefield they look for the one who carries the flag to shoot first. I gave thispicture to her.
Attached Images

Old May 7, 2007, 9:42 PM   #146

Thats awesome. How do you go aboutprinting them..... walmart? own printer?

I thought about doing that. Thought that would be neat for some people like at the track but dont know how well recieved it would be. I know that could get costly though.
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 12:46 AM   #147

You don't have to go anywhere else to print your pictures, just use your home printer. I print a few good shots for each one, aboutless than8shots. Pick out your favorite shots and printthem, they love pictures, especially from dslr, most of the audience use p&s, some use cell phone cameras, that's too Mickey mouse. After a few civil war events they all recognize me every time I show up. The two Union officers standing in front of the flag, the one on the left ask me a picture of that shot when I show him on the LCD, when he got it the next day when I came back he was so impressed that he walked me to the general in command, I salute the general and showed him all the pictures, he said there is another event he will be in command and invite me there, but he said something I'm not sure if he's kidding around or not, as I understand it's a tactical drill not open to the public so he needs me to weara Federal uniform, Itold himI was a photographer not a combatant, hesaid he'd find me a uniform, I said to myself, watttttttt, general are you kidding, I have friends in the Confederate side over there you want me to get shot at when I visit their camp wearing a blue coat?:-)

Another incident when I visit the Confederate camp, a soldier stopped me and asked me to follow him, whenI were at his tent he pulled out a picture in the box to show me a good portrait of him from another photographer, these guys are down to earth, very sincere you just keep coming back to the civil war event, you make new friends on either side of the conflict. Then I stopped by at the Confederate HQ to say hi to the Lt. Colonel and asked him about a pistol that I saw someone used it in the battle earlier, he pulled out his revolver and demonstrated to me how powerful it is, he explained to me that how much gun powder he can load in eachroulette chamber and he made sure that I know a safedistance of at least 10-15 feet away from that handgun.

When you look at the picture of the flags at the entrance on the previous page at the bottom of the flag poles, you see small frames displayed each confederate state history, I don't see Oklahoma, I asked the officer in charge of the flags how come I don't see OK, he reminded me OK was not a state at that time, but to my surprise he went in his office and got out this frame and put at the base of the next available flag pole, later he asked me if I got good shots of the battle, very nice poeple to meet.

Attached Images

Old May 8, 2007, 10:27 AM   #148

Bloody heck Coldshot and Scott you have been very busy :-). Buy the way Coldshot what's your real name :idea:, it will be better than calling you coldshot all the time. Un less you are called coldshot then I will shut up....:O

There is a new site just for Canon photographers. Here is the link www.canonphotographers.net so if any one is interested. Come over and have a look .
Here's one from last week, buy the way guys. Im going professional .

Neil.....

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 10:40 AM   #149

Here's one from this morning but the weather has been crap this week.

Neil....

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 10:45 AM   #150

Thats GREAT news Neil!!! Good luck with the professional gigs. I dont think I will ever go professional but wouldnt mind doing little projects on the side.... I will definetly check out the canon web site this evening when I get home. Oh, and I love the silouetted tree. Color and tone are perfect!

Coldshot, that is an aweseme write up you did. Thanks for telling us about your experiences with the troops. I love hearing about peoples heart felt gratitude for ones work. And giving them something they can share with others and say "that's me, I did that".
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote