Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:46 AM   #41

Nice work both of you. Heres one I've took the other day.

Neil.......

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 9:05 AM   #42

How long do they do the reinactments? Seems like you have a never ending supply of photos. Very cool to have a story line to folow with your shots, and theirs, right up to the last volley to empty the rounds. And very nice of the two ladies to stop for you. Why does the little girl have a big umbrella and the big girl have alittle umbrella....? :lol:just something I noticed....

That is an awesome shot Neil. I love the color of the flowers against the briliant blue sky and powedery soft clouds. Great composition too ofcourse.

overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 9:32 AM   #43

Bloody long war. That's all I can say. Thanks Scott, heres another from the other day.

Neil......

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 7:49 PM   #44

Scott, the civil war reenactment was from 10:00am-6:00pm, long day, you have all the neat stuff to shoot and to fine tune your skill both in photography and in history. The tickect is $7, for this price how can you not attend. Look at the uniforms the ladies dress, all those styles you don't see in everyday life, there is no way to take pictures of those events unless you work on a film set in Hollywood about the civil war battle likeGettysburg, that'simpossible for guys like us. Later I found out that the two ladies just came back from the fashion show, that's why they could pose naturally like an experience model, they get usedto photographers when theywere on stage at every civil war events. Normally they have two main battles, one before noon and one in the afternoon, in between you have a chance to visit each camp to talk to the troops involve in the battle, they love to tell untold stories about the real battle that they reenact, you'll be surprised how well they can tell you the year, date, time, location, name of each general for each battle. I asked them how come you guys know so much about the civil war, they said that most of us are college history professors, historians, or college students major in history. You see parents bring kids there to learn history in one day event like that is much better than on day in the classroom, they take notes and do a short essay about the battle to give to the teacher in school for extra credit. You'll love to hear whatkids asked general Lee: "How come your flag is different from the American flag".:-)
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:13 PM   #45

Here is general Lee is giving these young foreing students a lesson about the civil war. You can tell he has lots of patience, he's trying to answer in the most easy to understand for kids and make sure they take notes at the same time.

"How come your flag is different from the American flag? What is a musket? What is a regiment?...." :-)
Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:19 PM   #46

A Confederate soldier is answering a question.
Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:29 PM   #47

A crowd of parents and kids are watching how the battle wasfought at the South Mountain.
Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:33 PM   #48

President Lincoln is answering question.
Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:41 PM   #49

Ah ha ha, Neil, Scott, your pictures are getting very artistic, you guys reveal to me that we have the same taste, backlit scene.:-)

I shall return fire.

Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:42 PM   #50

Wow, 10am-6pm. You must have gone through just a few gig of CF cards to get all the pictures that you have posted, plus. That is a very cheap and interesting way to get a history lesson. About the closest thing we get here in Oklahoma is the state fair where you can see "Native American Dancers" or the lumberjack show that travels around the country. I have been to some battle field just north of Norfolk Va and my mom lives about 45 minutes from Pea Ridge in Arkansas. But never seen a reinactment. Mark that on my things to do list.

Neil, you like that copper filter dont ya? I like the trees and fense line sillouete. And to me, the copper tone gives it a bit of an oldwestern/country farm feel.

ps. I just noticed that there is a big difference between my laptop screen and my desktop monitor........ I use my laptop 95% of the time and it is dark compared to my desktop which I'm on now....this thing makes the pictures a LOT brighter and clearer. No more critiqueing photos unsless I'm on the desktop from now on. :?
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote