Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old May 21, 2007, 11:01 AM   #1

My will for a new toy has been stronger as me.

1st try in SLR film photography.. Today I went to develop and print the first roll.
I have played with Olympus OM 10.. I had two lenses.. Kenko Skylight (1A) DN 49mm Vivitar 28mm 1:28 MC close focus wide angle lens.. This was written on it..

The other lens is Pico-Glass 1A DN 49mm, Olympus OM-System Zuiko Auto-S 50mm 1:1,8 lens..

I can play also with the 3rd one.. a tele lens.. It's somewhere.. First I had to see the results of my 1st "blind shooting" try..

Tell me what you, guys, think of these.. I'll share here those that I have uploaded to Flickr.
[line][line][line][line][line][line][line][line][line][line]I was using a Kodak Gold ISO 100 color film.. Missing a flash in few situations.. For me the result is surprisingly good. I was feeling blind while shooting, never sure about wether settings for exposure are eight or wrong...
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2007, 4:55 PM   #2

Looks good to me, these are nice shots well taken, did you scan them in or get them back on cd?.......................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 3:40 AM   #3

excellent shots, exposure looks spot on, the old om10 that was my first camera,I loved it, I then bought the om 4ti, another excellent camera from olympus, keep thoes beautifull photos coming.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 4:13 AM   #4

Thank you, guys, for a support! I thirsty to learn..
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:10 PM   #5

The OM10 is one of the cameras that I use. I got it as a gift because it wasn't used anymore. I keep it filled with B/W film 100 ISO. I don't have anyof those photos scanned, but it has been a great backup 35mm.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:20 AM   #6

Thanks for sharing your experience! This is what I do basically - a B&W film for this camera.. this is the only color roll I used, coz it was just around not used yet.. This camera belongs to my hubby.. and he is not using it.. I like new tools (toys?)

Have a great day! Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:17 AM   #7

These are great shots - very well done!

if you lived anywhere near meI would offer you some more OM kit as I will never use it again - I have a few lenses and an OM2.

I also used to have the OM10 with a manual shutter adapter - thatwas a lovely little camera and great to use. They used to share lenses and have different films in them.

I am also curious as to how you have transfered these as the quality is very good
Geoff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:06 AM   #8

Thank you for sharing your experience in film photography..

I am using OM10 not very often, although it is always loaded with film.. mostly B&W.. I like to have fun with it now and then.. just exploring posibilities.. before my digicams I have been using a Canon Autoboy.. I keep it loaded with film as well.. developing maybe 2 within a year.. not more..

I am really into a digital photography, as is is too expensive to use a film camera.. at least, here , in Italy.. Films are developed in laboratory and they do a scan for to give you a CD as well.. so I didnt do it myself..

I still don't have a dSLR.. just getting ready for it.. my considerations have been going several ways.. the last consideration has been a Pentax K10 double lens kit.. becose of an affordable price.. I have been considering an Olympus e-510, but it doesn't have a few things I need to be in camera.. One more consideration has been Canon 30D, the price is good since 40D is out, but I am afraid I won't be able to get lenses for a longer period.. Wishes and affordability.. makes the choice rather easy.. oops.. I have written such a story here.. I am a lazy typer actually..

Have a great Sunday! Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Irena

Old Feb 4, 2008, 4:23 AM   #9

DigitalGal,

How do you get computer files from your film pictures? Your post implies that you have your processor do it. We are not sure.

The quality is superb.

Also, your photography is wonderful and you manage your camera equipment very well.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote