Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:48 AM   #1

I have a couple links to photographs and their negatives which were uploaded. I was curious if you all could give your personal advice (not asking if you think it is real, merely asking if you think the negative or the image has been tampered with and why you think so). Also I was curious, if the EXIF data can be changed is there any other way to tell that an image (digitally speaking) has or has not been tampered with? Thank you much all.

http://missouriparanormalresearch.co...ly_patient.jpg

http://missouriparanormalresearch.co...tive_Strip.jpg

http://missouriparanormalresearch.co...largement1.jpg
SDSAlln1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:30 AM   #2

The negatives are too small to be able to detect anything, but I think the "apparition" in the positive is definitely the result of tampering with an original image. There are a number of reasons I think this.

First. The image around the "apparition" is quite a bit softer thanthe rest of the image. Note how sharp the diagonal beams above her are, yet the beams alongside her are quite soft. It's like someone superimposed an image, with sometransparency, over the original image, printed it out and scanned the printed image. The transparency would have washed out any detail that might have been in the original image.

Second, the transparency of the "apparition" is quite constant, with the exception of her face. Notice that the beam behind the "apparition", that shows through her ethereal image, is consistently defined through her body, but her face remains quite distinct. It's as if someone tried once, but though the face wasn't clear enough, so they did her head again. Also, it looks like they chopped off her chin when they did it.

There are other indications of tampering, but I wouldn't want anyone to get a free lesson on how to perpetrate hoaxes like this one.

TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:51 PM   #3

Thank you for this information but I have another question for you as well.

Is there anywhere I the owners of this photo and negative can take it to have it analyzed in person for their opinion without much cost? I know these people and I was the one that developed this film in the dark room and I can tell you for sure that when I developed it that image was there but some people fail to believe me or the person this negative belongs to. So if there is anyway to take this to someone in person and have them analyze it that would be fantastic.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:09 PM   #4

SDSAlln1 wrote:
Quote:
I know these people and I was the one that developed this film in the dark room and I can tell you for sure that when I developed it that image was there but some people fail to believe me or the person this negative belongs to.
I don't have any trouble believing that the image was there when you developed it.

Try the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal. [http://www.csicop.org]

You could also try:
1. The Kansas City Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, Verle Muhrer, Chairman, 2658 East 7th, Kansas City, MO 64124
2. Midwest Committee for Rational Inquiry, Danielle Kafka, President, P.O. Box 2792, Des Plaines, IL 60017-2792
3. Rational Examination Assoc. of Lincoln Land (REALL), Bob Ladendorf, Chairman, P.O. Box 20302, Springfield IL 62708
4. Central Iowa Skeptics, Chair: Rob Beeston, email: ciskeptics@hotmail.com
5. Kentucky Association of Science Educators and Skeptics 880 Albany Road Lexington, KY 40502; Tel: 859-276-3343; E-mail: kases@kases.org; URL: http://www.kases.org
6. Rationalists of East Tennessee
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:39 PM   #5

Thank you for this information.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:28 AM   #6

as i posted on one of your other 6 identical posts

dual exposure is how to do it either fild or digital, with film u wind it back and shoot again over first image.

similar with digital, just take 2 shots one with ghost n blend together

not hard to fake

mediocre camera and photoshop skills will get u a believable image

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:25 PM   #7

Yeah sorry about the other posts...it kept giving me an error message and i didnt think they posted
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:30 PM   #8

Yeah sorry about the other posts...it kept giving me an error message and i didnt think they posted
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:30 PM   #9

Old Jun 11, 2007, 5:09 PM   #10

SDSAlln1 wrote:
Quote:
SDSAlln1 wrote:
Quote:
SDSAlln1 wrote:
Quote:
:lol::lol::lol: