Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Nov 9, 2007, 7:57 PM   #31

I like how your adjustments brought out some more detail on the concrete of the building and darkened the sky. On the other hand the trees on the left and some of the ground looks snowy now! Your completely right Bynx it's all about taste and you can spend hours adjusting trying different combinations with the sliders. I might try taking the 3 exposures and adjsuting them a few more stops then combining say 6 instead of the 3 different stops, wonder if there will be much difference??
ahill876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 8:29 PM   #32

I think there is a large floodlight on the roof of the right hand building. There is a glow around the roof. The light is pointed down on the conveyor belt below. The more exposures you put in the greater the range you offer Photomatix to work with. Hopefully it will result in a better result. There is nothing wrong with your pic as is. The hardest thing I find is finding the right situation to use HDR properly. Illuminated buildings at night where there is overexposure and underexposure problems are the best examples. Also Church interiors where you have nice windows that get blown out and dark corners and high ceilings that just look black are good examples for HDR. Also arial shots of the city at nite is good too. What you have here is a picture better than each of the photos that it come from and thats the purpose of HDR. Lets see some more.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 3:02 PM   #33

This is an HDR of a piece of salt rock illuminated from the inside with a Christmas tree light. Thats the only source of illumination.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:21 PM   #34

This is 7 exposures of my neighbors tree I took a couple hours ago.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:34 AM   #35

I think you have done a great job of these Bynx.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 7:41 AM   #36

Thanks Alex. The fun of HDR is knowing you are going to get something better than each of its parts. This is the only way you would get the lights properly exposed and still see the green color of the tree.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:05 PM   #37

Two shots I took a couple of hours ago. The steakhouse is 5 exposures. The house is 6 exposures.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:06 PM   #38

Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:38 PM   #39

This is a 2 exposure HDR. Its a bland scene and I prefer the watercolor I made from it.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 1:02 PM   #40

Wow Bynx! I love this pic! It would make a wonderful Christmas card, all warm and colorful and full of Christmas spirit! Just looking at it puts me in a holiday mood! Keep up the wonderful work, especially your HDRs!
Robleemom is offline   Reply With Quote