Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 15, 2007, 9:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Tripod mounted @ .30 sec,aperture f/3.50 ISO 640. Take around the corner from my house. Thanks for looking. Merry Christmas.....

Mandy
Attached Images
 
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

Mandy, very nice shot. That house is very colorful. If you go back around 6:30 pm and take a series of exposures you would have a very nice HDR photo.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Mandy, very nice shot. That house is very colorful. If you go back around 6:30 pm and take a series of exposures you would have a very nice HDR photo.
May have to try that. Not sure how to do the HDR photos but always willing to try.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:10 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

Just shoot a few shots. One very underexposed and one about right and one overexposed. I can send you the software to convert to HDR final. All things considered though I dont know how much better your shot can be improved. Its very good as is.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:34 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Just shoot a few shots. One very underexposed and one about right and one overexposed. I can send you the software to convert to HDR final. All things considered though I dont know how much better your shot can be improved. Its very good as is.
I would love to learn that technique...will google it and read about it. Thanks for your encouragement on how this one turned out. It is much appreciated.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

There is detail in the dark sky as brought out by PP.
Attached Images
 
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
There is detail in the dark sky as brought out by PP.
You popped out the trees more too. Cool.
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:35 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

Mandy, in Other Photos there is a large thread on HDR photos including some sites to check out for in-depth info.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Mandy, in Other Photos there is a large thread on HDR photos including some sites to check out for in-depth info.
I'll check it out. Thanks for your help. I think I will try some more night shots as well.:|
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 9:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,817
Default

Beautiful photo.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:24 PM.