Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:56 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 66
Default

Speaking of the Moon, here's mine:


funktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:14 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

funktree wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of the Moon, here's mine:

And a really good picture it is as well.........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:29 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

This is my son's idea. Trust me. Honest, believe me, Id never do this myself. Put your faith in my hands, Im almost appalled. Uh huh.
Attached Images
 
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:13 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
cmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,711
Default

Just put this up...

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Home Run Derby 2008 Yankees Stadium


cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:19 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
This is my son's idea. Trust me. Honest, believe me, Id never do this myself. Put your faith in my hands, Im almost appalled. Uh huh.
Well your son definitely has good ideas :-)...............musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:21 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Just put this up...

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Home Run Derby 2008 Yankees Stadium

Sporting scenes make good wallpaper, lots of colour in this one........................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:46 AM   #17
Member
 
SimmiS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 63
Default

Here is mine itook a couple of years back when i went skiing! :shock:! Its of JungFrau i think (Young Mother) In the swiss alps, near Interlaken.I like it because it looks clena and crisp!


SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 5:57 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

SimmiS wrote:
Quote:
Here is mine itook a couple of years back when i went skiing! :shock:! Its of JungFrau i think (Young Mother) In the swiss alps, near Interlaken.I like it because it looks clena and crisp!

I can see why a shot like this has appeal as well.....................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 3:02 PM   #19
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

How about a customized version of DreamLinux (a Linux distribution based on Debian testing/lenny)? I've upgraded it to the latest packages and installed KDE as the desktop, along with all extras available (codecs, flash player, acrobat reader, etc., etc.). I'm running it in a virtual machine at 1024x768 using VirtualBox (this free software allows you to run Linux under Windows, or Windows under Linux), so you can run multiple operating systems in different Windows at the same time.

Note the amount of RAM used (under 64MB without any major applications loaded, despite a nice GUI desktop, weather applets running, etc.). I've got 512MB allocated to the Virtual Machine it's running in (with some used by video, etc.), and only a small amount is being used by the Operating System, despite having a full featured desktop with loads of nice applications installed. This is not a bloated operating system. :blah::G

These screen captures are downsized by pbase:



I've got loads of extras installed now, too. See the Graphics menu I've got setup here, with nice image management applications like like digiKam included:



It's easy to customize the interface using the theme management tools that are built into KDE

The wallpaper I'm using (Fulmine) was included in the KDE Artwork package that I installed with a few mouse clicks.

For a desktop, I prefer a lighter icon text color with a darker wallpaper background for better contrast and readability; and I prefer the opposite (darker text on a lighter background) for menus. This works just fine for my eyes:





JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:24 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

JimC wrote:

Quote:
How about a customized version of DreamLinux (a Linux distribution based on Debian testing/lenny)? I've upgraded it to the latest packages and installed KDE as the desktop, along with all extras available (codecs, flash player, acrobat reader, etc., etc.). I'm running it in a virtual machine at 1024x768 using VirtualBox (this free software allows you to run Linux under Windows, or Windows under Linux), so you can run multiple operating systems in different Windows at the same time.

Note the amount of RAM used (under 64MB without any major applications loaded, despite a nice GUI desktop, weather applets running, etc.). I've got 512MB allocated to the Virtual Machine it's running in (with some used by video, etc.), and only a small amount is being used by the Operating System, despite having a full featured desktop with loads of nice applications installed. This is not a bloated operating system. :blah::G

These screen captures are downsized by pbase:

An interesting platform for thosewho like to experiment andcan take the time to

set it up properly



With regard to the wallpaper,a dark plain backgroundmight helpprevent eye

fatigue .........musket.


musket is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:09 AM.