Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Other Photos

Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:56 AM   #11

Speaking of the Moon, here's mine:

funktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:14 PM   #12

funktree wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of the Moon, here's mine:

And a really good picture it is as well.........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:29 AM   #13

This is my son's idea. Trust me. Honest, believe me, Id never do this myself. Put your faith in my hands, Im almost appalled. Uh huh.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:13 AM   #14

Just put this up...

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Home Run Derby 2008 Yankees Stadium

cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:19 AM   #15

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
This is my son's idea. Trust me. Honest, believe me, Id never do this myself. Put your faith in my hands, Im almost appalled. Uh huh.
Well your son definitely has good ideas :-)...............musket.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:21 AM   #16

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Just put this up...

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Home Run Derby 2008 Yankees Stadium

Sporting scenes make good wallpaper, lots of colour in this one........................musket
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:46 AM   #17

Here is mine itook a couple of years back when i went skiing! :shock:! Its of JungFrau i think (Young Mother) In the swiss alps, near Interlaken.I like it because it looks clena and crisp!

SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 5:57 AM   #18

SimmiS wrote:
Quote:
Here is mine itook a couple of years back when i went skiing! :shock:! Its of JungFrau i think (Young Mother) In the swiss alps, near Interlaken.I like it because it looks clena and crisp!

I can see why a shot like this has appeal as well.....................musket.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 3:02 PM   #19
Administrator

How about a customized version of DreamLinux (a Linux distribution based on Debian testing/lenny)? I've upgraded it to the latest packages and installed KDE as the desktop, along with all extras available (codecs, flash player, acrobat reader, etc., etc.). I'm running it in a virtual machine at 1024x768 using VirtualBox (this free software allows you to run Linux under Windows, or Windows under Linux), so you can run multiple operating systems in different Windows at the same time.

Note the amount of RAM used (under 64MB without any major applications loaded, despite a nice GUI desktop, weather applets running, etc.). I've got 512MB allocated to the Virtual Machine it's running in (with some used by video, etc.), and only a small amount is being used by the Operating System, despite having a full featured desktop with loads of nice applications installed. This is not a bloated operating system. :blah::G

These screen captures are downsized by pbase:

I've got loads of extras installed now, too. See the Graphics menu I've got setup here, with nice image management applications like like digiKam included:

It's easy to customize the interface using the theme management tools that are built into KDE

The wallpaper I'm using (Fulmine) was included in the KDE Artwork package that I installed with a few mouse clicks.

For a desktop, I prefer a lighter icon text color with a darker wallpaper background for better contrast and readability; and I prefer the opposite (darker text on a lighter background) for menus. This works just fine for my eyes:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:24 AM   #20

JimC wrote:

Quote:
How about a customized version of DreamLinux (a Linux distribution based on Debian testing/lenny)? I've upgraded it to the latest packages and installed KDE as the desktop, along with all extras available (codecs, flash player, acrobat reader, etc., etc.). I'm running it in a virtual machine at 1024x768 using VirtualBox (this free software allows you to run Linux under Windows, or Windows under Linux), so you can run multiple operating systems in different Windows at the same time.

Note the amount of RAM used (under 64MB without any major applications loaded, despite a nice GUI desktop, weather applets running, etc.). I've got 512MB allocated to the Virtual Machine it's running in (with some used by video, etc.), and only a small amount is being used by the Operating System, despite having a full featured desktop with loads of nice applications installed. This is not a bloated operating system. :blah::G

These screen captures are downsized by pbase:

An interesting platform for thosewho like to experiment andcan take the time to

set it up properly

With regard to the wallpaper,a dark plain backgroundmight helpprevent eye

fatigue .........musket.